Глаголы с предлогами "to" и "at"
Глагол + to ...
- talk, speak to somebody (with тоже возможно, но менее распространено)
- Who was that man you were talking to?
- listen to ...
- We spent the evening listening to music.
- write (сообщение) to ...
- I wrote to the hotel complaining about the poor service we had received.
- apologise to somebody (for ...)
- They apologised to me for what happened.
- explain something to somebody
- Can you explain this word to me?
- explain / describe to somebody (what/how/why ...)
- I explained to them why I was worried.
- Let me describe to you what I saw.
Мы не употребляем to со следущими глаголами:
- phone / telephone / call somebody
- Did you phone your father yesterday?
- answer somebody/something
- He refused to answer my question.
- ask somebody
- Can I ask you a question?
- thank somebody (for something)
- He thanked me for helping him.
Глагол + at ...
- look, have a look, take a look, stare, glance at ...
- Why are you looking at me like that?
- laugh at ...
- I look stupid with this haircut. Everybody will laugh at me.
- aim / point (что-либо) at ...
- Don't point that knife at me. It's dangerous.
- shoot / fire (из ружья) at ...
- We saw someone with a gun shooting at birds, but he didn't hit any.
В зависимости от значения мы употребляем at или to после некоторых глаголов. Например:
- shout at somebody (когда вы злитесь)
- He got very angry and started shouting at me.
- shout to somebody (для того, чтобы передать информацию)
- He shouted to me from the other side of the street.
- throw something at somebody, something (с целью ударить)
- Somebody threw an egg at the minister.
- throw something to somebody (чтобы кто-то поймал)
- Pit threw the bag to me from the window.