Предлоги места: in, at, on
Мы используем in в следующих случаях:
- Когда кто-нибудь или что-нибудь окружено или помещено во что-то:
- in a room in a building in a box
- Когда кто-нибудь или что-нибудь находится на какой-то территории:
- in a country in the city centre in a garden
- Когда кто-нибудь или что-нибудь окружено некой субстанцией:
- in a fresh air in the sea in the pool
- Некоторые примеры:
- There's no-one in the room.
- When we were in Spain, we spent a few days in Malaga.
- I have a friend who lives in a small village in the mountains.
- I used to live in Moscow, but now I live in Spain.
- It's so healthy to sleep in a fresh air.
- Мы также говорим:
- in a line in a row in a queue in bed in the sky in the world in the countryside
- in an office in a department in a picture in a book in a newspaper in a letter
- Lora isn't up yet. She's still in bed.
- It was a sunny day. There was not a cloud in the sky.
- When I go to the concert, I like to sit in the front row.
- Мы говорим in the front, in the back (of a car). И мы также говорим in the corner (of a room).
- I was sitting in the back of the car when we crashed.
- The computer is in the corner of the room.
- Также можно сказать, что кто-то in hospital, in prison, in jail.
- His father is in hospital.
Мы используем at для определенного местоположения:
- at the door at reception at the roundabout
- Вот некоторые примеры:
- Turn left at the traffic lights.
- Do you know that man standing at the window?
- We met each other at a friend's house.
- When you leave the hotel, please leave your key at reception.
- Мы также говорим:
- at the top (of) at the bottom (of) at the end (of)
- Write your name at the top of the page.
- Jane's house is at the other end of the street.
- Мы говорим at the corner или on the corner of a street:
- He was standing at the corner of the street. или He was standing on the corner of the street.
- Также at the front, at the back of a building, group of people и т.д.:
- The garden is at the back of the house.
- Let's sit at the front.
- We were at the back, so we couldn't see very well.
- Также можно сказать, что кто-то at home, at work, at school, at college, at university:
- Vera is studying chemistry at university.
- I'll be at work until 5.30, but I'll be at home all evening.
- Мы говорим at sea в смысле путешествия:
- It was a long voyage. We were at sea for 30 days.
- Мы употребляем at чтобы сказать, что кто-то на каком-то мероприятии: at a party, at a conference и т.д.
- Were there many people at the wedding?
- 1 saw Peter at a concert on Saturday.
Мы используем on в следующих случаях:
- Когда кто-нибудь или что-нибудь расположено на поверхности:
- on the roof on the table on the grass
- Чтобы показать местоположение:
- on her nose on a page on an island
- The picture is hanging on the wall.
- There's a dirty mark on the ceiling.
- We were on a small island in the middle of the lake.
- You'll find what you are looking for on page seven of the book.
- Мы также говорим:
- on the left on the right on the left-hand side on the right-hand side on a farm
- on the ground floor on the first floor on a map on a menu on a list
- In Britain we drive on the left-hand side.
- Our flat is on the second floor of the building.
- Here's a shopping list. Don't buy anything that's not on the list.
- Have you ever worked on a farm?
- Мы говорим о месте on a river, on a road, on the coast, on the way:
- Budapest is on the river Danube.
- Portsmouth is on the south coast of England.
- We stopped at a small village on the way to Berlin.
- Также on the front, on the back of a letter, piece of paper и т.д.:
- I wrote the date on the back of the photo.
- Сравните in и at:
|There were a lot of people in the shop. It was very crowded.
|Go along this street, then turn right at the shop.
|I'll meet you in the hotel lobby.
|I'll meet you at the main entrance to the hotel.
- Сравните in и on:
There is some water in the bottle.
There is a label on the bottle.
- Сравните at и on:
There is somebody at the door. Shall I go and see who it is?
There is a notice on the door. It says "Do not disturb".