Выражения с предлогами
- Мы говорим go to, come to, travel to и т.д. + место или мероприятие. Например: go to China, go to bed, come to my house, be taken to hospital, return to London, be sent to prison, welcome to Paris, drive to the airport.
- When are your friends going back to Italy?
- Three people were injured in the accident and taken to hospital.
- Welcome to our country!
- Аналогично с существительными a journey to, a trip to, a visit to, on my way to и т.д.:
- Did you enjoy your trip to Turkey?
- Сравните to (для направления) и in/at (для местоположения):
They are going to France.и
They live in France.
Can you come to the party?и
I'll see you at the party.
- Мы говорим been to (место):
- I've been to Italy four times, but I've never been to Rome.
- Olga has never been to a football match in her life.
Get и arrive
- Мы говорим get to (место):
- What time did they get to work?
- Но мы говорим arrive in ... или arrive at ....
- Для городов или стран arrive in:
- They arrived in Spain a week ago.
- Для других мест (строений и т.д.) или мероприятий мы употребляем arrive at:
- When did they arrive at the hotel?
- Мы говорим: go home, come home, get home, arrive home, on the way home: и т.д. без предлога.
- I'm tired. Let's go home now.
- I met Victor on my way home.
- Go into, get into и т.д. означает войти (в комнату, в здание, в машину и т.д.). Например:
- I went into the room and looked around.
- A bird flew into the kitchen through the window.
- Противоположным к into предлогом является out of:
- She got out of the car and went into a shop.
- Мы обычно говорим get on/off a bus, a train, a plane:
- Vera got on the train and I never saw her again.
Выражения с in
- Мы говорим: in the rain, in the sun, in the sunshine, in the shade, in the dark, in bad weather и т.д.
- We sat in the shade. It was too hot to sit in the sun.
- Don't go out in the rain. Wait until it stops.
- Мы говорим write in ink, in biro, in pencil. Аналогично write in uppercase, in your own words:
- When you do the exam, you're not allowed to write in pencil.
- Write the story in your own words.
- Search engine allows url in lowercase only.
- Также можно сказать: be или fall in love (with somebody).
- He was in love with her until the wedding.
- Вы также можете сказать in (my) opinion.
- In his opinion, fuel efficiency standards should be mandatory for the transport sector.
Выражения с at
- Мы говорим: at the age of 16, at 120 miles an hour, at 100 degrees:
- Karl entered the university at the age of 17.
- The train was traveling at 200 kilometers per hour.
- Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.
Выражения с on
- Мы говорим: on holiday, on business, on a trip, on a tour, on a cruise и т.д.
- I'm going on holiday next week.
- Emma is away on business at the moment.
- One day I'd like to go on a world tour.
- Мы также употребляем on в следущих выражениях:
- on television, on the radio
- I didn't watch the news on television, but I heard it on the radio.
- on the phone, telephone
- I've never met her, but I've spoken to her on the phone a few times.
- (be/go) on strike
- There are no trains today. The drivers are on strike.
- (be/go) on a diet
- I've put on a lot of weight. I'll have to go on a diet.
- (be) on fire
- Look! That car is on fire.
- on the whole
- Sometimes I have problems at work, but on the whole I enjoy my job.
- on purpose
- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy you. I didn't do it on purpose.